Monday, April 21, 2014

Photo shoot: The Graduate

Last week, I met up with a cousin of mine, Shelby, to take some graduation portraits. This was the first photo shoot I did with my new Canon 6D, so I was excited and nervous, but mostly excited. I'm still familiarizing myself with differences of the lens as well. (I kept making adjustments throughout.)

Well, I made a bit of a photographer goof and asked to meet up at 4:30, still thinking in daylight savings time. It's best to shoot in the late afternoon, with the sun lower in the sky--the lighting isn't as harsh and it adds a nice golden glow to photos. However, my dumb brain didn't remind me that we are an hour earlier now, so instead of soft late afternoon light, we had bright early afternoon light. It was a goof for sure, but fortunately I can improvise. 

The photos ended up looking nice regardless, no doubt thanks to my lovely subject and her very helpful boyfriend, Tim, who was out of frame holding light reflectors to soften the shadows on her face in some photos. Thanks, Tim!



I'm using this blog post to officially announce that I am for hire, if you weren't aware of that already. Any portraits need doing, be it prom, family portraits, senior portraits, your dog(?), I can do them! (Wow, that made me sound like a cheesy car salesman!) You can view some of my work at www.izziemattox.com, and if you have any questions about my fees, feel free to send me a message on facebook. 


"Stories never really end…even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don’t end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page."
 — Cornelia Funke, Inkspell

Song of the Day: 
Elevate, St. Lucia

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig