Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Snapshots

I know I've been terrible at posting to my blog. This semester has been a kick in the pants! I've barely had time to take photos and work on art projects because I've been so ensconced in my studies, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, I suppose. Still, I was overjoyed to have the opportunity to stretch my wings and take some Easter snapshots with my gorgeous 50mm f/1.4 film lens, a gift from a family friend. It fits to my DSLR with a lens adapter, so autofocus is moot. But I love the challenge--shooting on full manual settings with manual focus means that I have to pay attention to the details of the photo as I'm taking it, rather than just pointing, framing, and clicking.  I might not get as many photos, and certainly not all of the ones I get will be perfectly focused or perfectly metered, but it makes the moments I do capture so much more precious.

"Good food and good company are two of life's simplest pleasures."
Anonymous.

Song of the Day:
The Girl From Ipanema, Astrud Gilberto, Stan Getz, Joao Gilberto
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig