Friday, June 6, 2014

Tunes: London Grammar

Since I'm starting to make music recommendation posts, there is no way I could ignore the glory that is London Grammar. They are one of my favorite bands. Ever. 



Though they're a relatively new addition to my "OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM" list of music that I, indeed, love, they have blasted right up to the top. I first heard one of their songs in a TV show a year ago, and it was love at first listen. I spent the next few minutes not paying attention to the show and frantically googling the lyrics to find out who that was and, voila, London Grammar came into my life.


Aren't they adorable? Dan Rothman, Hannah Reid, and Dominic "Dot" Major. I saw them live at the House of Blues for twenty bucks with my friend Danielle. Can you believe that. Twenty dollars for one of the best concerts of my life! My love and awe for Hannah's glorious vocal chords can only be represented by flailing and abstract gestures, so I won't even bother trying to put it into words.

I honestly like every song on their album, but I'll recommend a couple of my favorites:
Hey Now (x)
Strong (x)
Wasting My Young Years (x)
Shyer (x)
Nightcall (x)
Metal & Dust (x)

... Okay, so "a couple" turned into more than a couple. I wasn't kidding when I said they are one of my favorite bands. I need them to make 123902423420439 more albums, and then I'll be happy.

If clicking links is too tedious, here is a link to their album on spotify. Enjoy!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig