Thursday, April 10, 2014

Backwards and Onwards

Hello, world. I'm sitting in my favorite coffee shop, halfway through my second cup of earl grey. The usual. I'm trying my hardest to be focused on the tasks at hand, but every so often I get distracted by an oil painting on the wall that bears a remarkable resemblance to Nicholas Cage...wearing a bullfighter outfit. I keep glancing at it to dissuade myself of the illusion. Either someone uses their artistic skills for hilarious purposes, or I am still feeling the residual effects of last week's sleep deficit. Probably both. 

The start of 2014 marked the halfway point of my gap year. Unsurprisingly, that has put me in a retrospective mood. (Well, as retrospective as a oil painting of Nicholas Cage in a bullfighter outfit can allow.) 

Since I walked out of high school I have traveled the world, made new friends, interned and volunteered, submerged myself in online fashion, film, and TV show communities (which may sound dumb to some people, but, hey, it's what I'm passionate about), and more recently, got a gig as a freelance photographer, graphic designer, and web designer.

Oh, the joy! (No sarcasm there. I am actually overjoyed.)

With a couple months of photography and graphic design ahead, I have a lot to look forward to. But in the retrospective spirit of this post, here are some snapshots that I took a month or so ago when my friend Jessica missed her train in Oceanside. Though it was a bummer to miss it by a measly sixty seconds, we got to spend an extra couple of hours with each other. I can't complain about that.

Until next time!
"Sometimes you meet someone, and it’s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you’re in love or you’re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don’t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something." 
— Unknown

Song of the day:
Move, Pacific Air
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig