Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Style :: Basically

On the very long list of Things that Izzie is Passionate About (including the likes of animals, films and TV shows and books, art, food, and music), fashion is pretty darn high.

I remember when I refused to wear anything "girly". I was a bit of a tomboy as a kid, but that was somewhat inevitable since I grew up idolizing my older brother. I had my hair cut short and would not willingly wear dresses or anything with lace, frills, and bows. I liked animals, Pokemon, books, and my gameboy. I suppose it seems a little incongruous that little Isabel would grow into big Izzie, who now pores through fashion magazines and blogs and strokes overpriced clothes longingly in stores. 

But really, fashion isn't about being feminine, and it's good to be opinionated about what you wear, because that means you are staying true to yourself. So good on you, little Izzie. 

Fast forward ten or so years. Here I am, eighteen years old, unafraid of wearing makeup or growing my hair long (though I still like Pokemon and my gameboy games.) I'm still not a huge advocate for frills and bows, but I can understand the merit of a white blazer in my wardrobe. 

If I had to describe my style, I'd say "simple, comfy, and a little funky". This outfit summarizes that pretty well: a comfy, loose basic tee with distressed boyfriend jeans, a funky, but classic combination of stripes and leopard print, and a white blazer to tie it all together. Voila

Well, there's that! I have a lookbook.nu account now, so I'm feeling inspired. Fashion posts will be a new addition to this little blog of mine.

What do you all think?


"Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20."
– thedailypositive.com

Song of the Day:
Sahara part II, Bear's Den
I am in love with this band. Gah!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig