Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shenanigans :: Tea Date

Last week I met up with two of my friends for a cup of tea at my favorite coffee shop. I spend so much time there, I have begun to think of it as a home away from home/office. And also my favorite location for socializing. 

What can I say? I love coffee shops. Especially coffee shops with an earl grey tea blend so good it gives me cartoon hearts for eyes! (I am very enthusiastic about tea, okay?)
I wore this darling yellow crop top that I found in a thrift shop the other day. Thrift shops can be so magical sometimes. 
Aren't my friends cute? That's Cedric and Jess. 

I have missed these two. Back in high school, I used to see them at least five days a week. This past year, what with college on their end and freelancing on mine, I've been lucky to see them once every couple of months. It's bizarre. But, in a way, it reminds me that it's not enough to want someone in your life, you have to actively try to stay in theirs, too.

Fortunately, we are as close as ever. They're the type of friends that I can laugh and be silly with one minute, and have a deep, important conversation the next. We trust each other, love each other, and make each other laugh. That's what friends are for, after all. I count myself lucky to have these two.

Summer vacation is imminent, so brace thyself for more Izzie, Jess, and Cedric shenanigans! 

Until then.


"As time goes on, you’ll understand. What lasts, lasts; what doesn’t, doesn’t. Time solves most things. And what time can’t solve, you have to solve yourself." 
— Haruki Murakami, Dance Dance Dance 

Song of the day:
Taro - Alt-J
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig