Saturday, May 10, 2014

Tunes: Bear's Den, RY X, and Hozier

I have a couple of artists to share, mostly because they all fell into my ears at once. I love the internet so much for presenting me with new music on a daily basis. It makes my inner music addict very, very happy.

So, here we go. Today, I'm sharing Bear's Den, RY X, and Hozier. Brace thyself for folk, indie, alternative soul, and general acousticness.


(Psst! If you would like to hear them all in a cohesive playlist and avoid excessive link-clicking, feel free to listen to the spotify playlist at the bottom of this post.)



Oh, dear, oh, my. Bear's Den is one of those groups that comes along and makes me want to leap from my chair, fling my arms to the sky and shriek, "Where have you been all of my life?"

Well . . . they've been nonexistent, since they only released their EP last year. Regardless, I am in love. They have a subtle Foals feel to them; a soulful, folky sound that builds and builds and builds as the song goes on. Unf. (Sahara Part II is my absolute favorite; it reminds me of Late Night, by the Foals.)

Sahara Part II (x)
When You Break (x)
Don't Let The Sun Steal You Away (x)
Isaac (x)



RY X is just so cool. And mellow. He reminds me of Ben Howard and Bon Iver, with a little bit of The XX and London Grammar. All of which I love. Ohhhh, lordy. 

Shortline (x)

Berlin (x)



On to Hozier. Hozier is a beautiful combination of Sufjan Stevens and James Blake, an alternative soul singer who gives me hearts for eyes whenever he arrives in my headphones. But I'll save James Blake for another time, for now it's Hozier:

Cherry Wine - Live (x)
To Be Alone (x)
Angel Of Small Death And Codeine Scene (x)
Work Song (x)

So that concludes my music rampage.  If anyone is interested in hearing them all together in a playlist, including other artists like Fleet Foxes, Foals, and James Blake, I have a playlist on Spotify that you can listen to:

"Soulful Folky Indie"

But yes. I am seriously in love with Bear's Den.

Who was your favorite?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig