Thursday, September 3, 2015

Photography :: Olivia

So much of what I've learned as a photographer has come from working with my cousin Olivia. When we were younger, we had all the time in the world to be our creative little selves; we began by taking pictures in front of my peeling garage door with my old Sony point and shoot camera, grabbing assortments of dusty old books with cool covers and umbrellas and other odds and ends to develop a story, a feeling, and having ridiculous amounts of fun as we brought it to life. She was the beginning of my love of taking portraits; fabulous on camera, gorgeous beyond words, and with a bright creativity perfectly complementary to my own, Olivia has been, and probably always will be, my most favorite person in the world to take pictures of. 

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." 
Henry Miller 

Song of the Day:
Slip, Elliot Moss
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig