Monday, September 14, 2015

Photography :: Be Square

This summer, I brushed the dust off of my camera and set out to find my magic again. It had been a while since I was able to truly dedicate time to photography, since I was so busy during the school year, but I feel like I've finally gotten into groove. During the school year, I relied a lot on Instagram as an outlet for my creativity. I started out unsure about cropping all of my pictures to squares, but I soon started to enjoy the compositional challenge of fitting all of the elements of a photograph into a different frame than I was used to. Even though the latest Instagram update now allows for landscape and portrait style posts (hallelujah!), my affinity for square composition continues to have an effect on the way I compose photographs.

A few weeks ago, my friend Carson and I wandered around San Diego, capturing as many of its underappreciated corners as we could find before the sun set. Visiting San Diego with friends and a camera in hand has become one of my favorite things to do. Hopefully there will be many more photo posts to come, but for now, here are the square pictures I took that day with Carson...




"Magic comes from what is inside you. It is a part of you. 
You can’t weave together a spell that you don’t believe in." 
— Fool Moon by Jim Butcher


Song of the Day:
Love Songs for Robots
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig