Saturday, October 3, 2015

Photoshoot :: In Some Way, I'm There With You

As I began typing this post, my little cousin Olivia was soaring through the air on the way to her new home. I say "little"--Olivia's been taller than me since we were tweens and, if I'm being honest, I look up to her as much as she might look up to me. We've spent our lives growing together, and I'm so proud of the intelligent, passionate, radiant human being she's become. It seems like not so long ago that we were singing Beatles songs in silly opera voices and making each other laugh with obnoxious fart noises--and look at us now! Well...okay, we still do that sometimes. 

My point is, I love Olivia more than I describe. She is honestly my favorite person in the world, and, as I've mentioned before, my number one inspiration for portraiture. I'm so glad we had time for one more cousin photoshoot before she moved away to start her fantastic college adventure--as always, it was a day filled with creative inspiration, meaningful conversation, delicious food, and hilariously immature jokes. Oh, I'll miss you, cousin. :)

"When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too." — Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Song of the Day:
London Thunder, Foals
SHARE:

3 comments

© Lovely Vertigo. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig